Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Menu Plan Monday- Tuesday Edition!


It's time for another weekly menu plan. And as some weeks go, I'm just getting around to posting it today. I wrote it yesterday, but yesterday was one of those days. And last week was one of those weeks when you get to the end and the plan just falls apart! That's what I get for not paying close attention to my calender when making my plan! So without further ado, last weeks recap:

Monday's chili made with ground chicken instead of ground beef was yummy. I love chili!
Tuesday the Kielbasa and Potato Bake was a hit like always. This is a standby that I almost always have the ingredients for, Kielbasa defrosts quickly if you forget to take it out the night before, and it's cheesy, so the kids go to town! Win! Win! Win!
Wednesday we had the Paprika Chicken. I first tried this dish when a friend from high school gave me a recipe she had been making that she loved. I remembered seeing a recipe similar to it on one of my new favorite websites Global Table Adventure. I went there to try Sasha's version this time and it didn't disappoint! One of our new favorite dishes, and because of it I am now out of paprika! :-) Spend some time browsing Sasha's site...you will not be sorry!
Thursday was dance night so it was the McDonald's drive thru for us!
And this is where things started to fall apart! The kids have been wanting tacos for a while now and while Brianna was at dance on Thursday mom and I took the boys and went price comparing at GFS. Have I mentioned lately how much I love GFS? It is my new favorite place to shop for bulk items especially since you don't need a membership and everything has been such good quality. While we were there I found soft taco shells on sale for $0.99. So I picked some up. Mom bought a huge thing of ground beef which she broke down into pounds and put in the freezer. So Friday we had tacos. I think we might start a new tradition: Fiesta Fridays. Anything Mexican/Latin complete with Sangria! Sounds good to me! lol
Saturday I forgot we had a dinner date out with some very dear friends, one of whom was celebrating his 50th birthday this weekend. So the kids went to grandma and grandpa's and we went out for some amazingly good food and great company! 
Sunday I totally had forgotten was the SuperBowl. So we made pizzas, potato skins, hankie pankies and had carrots and celery, strawberries and chips and salsa. I don't know if that turkey dinner is ever gonna happen! lol

So, onto this week we go!
Monday: Corn Chowder and garlic bread- this recipe is orginally from Cooks.com but I've made some adjustments to make it more us. I will share it later this week and come back and link it up. If you like a good (and easy) Corn Chowder come back and check it out!
Tuesday: Paula Dean's Pot Roast, mashed redskin potatoes and gravy, steamed carrots
Wednesday: Hawaiian Pork Roast, Roasted sweet potatoes, Broccoli, Hawaiian Rolls
Thursday: dance night- hopefully Chick-Fil-A this week! (I have a coupon for a free chicken sandwich!!)
Friday: BBQ Pork Sandwiches (made from the leftover pork roast), Cole Slaw, Onion Rings
Saturday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs (using the leftover sweet and sour sauce from the pork roast) over Rice
Sunday: Goulash, Green Salad, Fruit, Rolls

So, that's our menu this week! Be sure to check out Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie for more menu plans. Happy eats! 



No comments: