Friday, August 19, 2011

Our 1st Grader

Wednesday was the first day of school in our area. It seems crazy to think it's the middle of August and the kids are already back in school, but I can't say I'm upset about it! Don't get me wrong: we had a great summer! We did a lot of fun things (swimming every Thursday at our friend Lisa's house, other playdates, Totter Otterville, baseball games, parks, swimming in the backyard, playdough, bubbles, drawing masterpieces, just all around fun!) and I enjoyed having Brianna home with us. But she thrives on the routine and schedule that school brings. And by the beginning of August she was getting bored. It was time to go back. She started a new school this year, the public school that is just up the road. We decided to send her to the public school for a few reasons, the biggest of which is tuition costs that we frankly can't afford. I mean tuition went up to $4200 this year, making it 10 monthly payments of $420! That hurts! Especially when you don't have any wiggle room left after you pay tuition to account for emergencies, or just to have fun with! Plus, the drive back and forth was killing us too. I was spending $240+ a month just in gas! That was killer! So after lots of contemplating and praying we decided to send her to the public school. She is riding the bus this year and loves it (so far!!) We got to go to open house on Monday to see the school and meet her teacher. I have to say I was very impressed with the school itself. Her teacher, Mrs. Edwards seems great! She's been teaching for 10 years and seems to have it all together! (God bless 1st grade teachers! I couldn't do it! lol) The cafeteria is fantastic! I mean they serve things like kale chips and roasted zucchini! I mean really!?!? That makes a mommy happy!!! Of course I had to snap some pictures on the first day, I mean, did you expect differently!?!?!
First day of school french toast, at the request of the big 1st grader!



Making sure her teeth were extra clean and shiny!

Posing with her Nina

Who told her she could grow up so fast!?! It's killing me!!!

Wishing our baby girl luck!

The whole family waiting for the bus!

Bri and our neighbor-who is also her "boyfriend"! hehehe

Climbing on the bus! Have a great day! We love you so much!

Coming home...tired, hungry but happy!

All in all it was a great first day back for her and that makes me a happy mommy! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!

I wanted to make sure I shared a video too! While we were waiting outside in the afternoon for Brianna to get home we took the boys to play outside. While we were waiting Jonah gave me an informercial for Pack It. It made me laugh so hard! Sorry it's crooked! I forget that if I turn my camera sideways it means the video is going to be sideways because you can't rotate a video! Duh, Kari!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. She is so adorable! I LOVE her first day outfit! : ) Sweet as can be! My son went to Christian school for Kindergarten and first grade. I was nervous about public school for second but he did great. I think he adjusted perfectly : ). I hope your daughter loves it as well.