Friday, February 18, 2011

Quick, Easy and Yummy

I have been in real cooking slump lately! I don't know what is up with me because I usually enjoy making something yummy and healthy for my family. I have had no initiative lately! One thing I know, I have got to get back to menu planning! But I also know, days that I feel totally uninspired I have found some of my favorite, quick meals. Last night was no exception. It was time for dinner and that "What are we going to eat tonight?" question was looming over my head. I wanted dinner to be ready when Steven got home from work after picking Brianna up at dance class. As I looked around I found a few ingredients that looked promising.

I had a few cans of this:



A few slices of this:

And a can of these:

Thus tuna melt crescents were born! All I did was make up some tuna salad. (Mine for these was very basic: Miracle Whip, sweet pickle relish, some celery seed and freshly ground pepper) I unrolled the crescent rolls and then placed half a piece of cheese on the widest section of the roll. Next I spooned in some tuna salad and rolled them up. I stuck them in the oven at 375 degrees for the suggested baking time (basically until browned and cheese was ooie-gooie!). Since I said I was in a slump we ate them with chips, but we had the leftovers for lunch today (the boys and I) and I served them with mandarin oranges, some cottage cheese, pretzel sticks and chocolate milk. They were just as good today as they were last night! Definitely yummy, and something I will make again, especially since Lent will be upon us soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They sound positively scrumptious! I know what you mean! I must start making a menu plan again soon! I don't know what my problem has been lately! Pure craziness!