Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daybook


FOR TODAY, April 6, 2010

Outside my window...beautiful blue skies and lots and lots of wind!!!

I am thinking...about how excited I am to go out to dinner tonight for my birthday!

I am thankful for...another year of life!

From the learning rooms...taking a break today because it's my birthday (did I mention it's my birthday) and when you're a homeschooler you can do that!


From the kitchen...the kitchen is closed today! Claddagh's is doing the cooking tonight!!!

I am wearing...jeans and a navy blue and khaki stripped tank top. (With all the sunshine we have 80 degree temps outside!!!)

I am creating...a clean house this week after hosting Easter for our family. This week I'm working on the office. Yesterday I got all the clothes that I'm going to be putting up on Ebay sorted into lots and swept the floor. There was carpet under all those clothes!!!! Tomorrow I'll start tackling the pile pit...I mean, the desk!

I am going...to Claddagh's for dinner! They are an Irish Pub. I won't be drinking any Guiness but I will be eating some really good shepard's pie!

I am reading...Stone Cold still. It's taking me a while to get through this book which is odd for me. I can't really decide if I like it or not.

I am hoping...that the kids will behave tonight when we got out. With the behaviors today it's not looking too promising so please pray for us that we can have a nice, relaxing evening out for my birthday! (This is my only birthday wish!!!)

I am hearing...almost nothing...I've been fighting to get the kids (Bri and Jonah) to take naps for over 2 hours now. I'm not letting up because we are learning how to listen the first time. They will continue to be put back in bed until they choose to obey and stay there. And if they don't we'll find a sitter last minute and go out without them!!!! Right now they are being fairly quiet but that doesn't mean a whole lot!!!

Around the house...I'm seeing stuff begin to pile up, but as my birthday gift to myself I'm not doing much housework today (except trying to keep up with dishes!!!) It's amazing how much stuff can accumulate when you take a day off! But it's been worth it!

One of my favorite things..Open mouth baby kisses from my 9 month old. They absolutely crack me up because it feels like he's trying to eat my face!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: dance rehearsal tomorrow, cast party Friday night (Yea!!!!!)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing: Our family in front of the Easter display at church after mass on Easter Sunday. (We could not get a picture of Jonah looking at the camera to save our lives.) It was such a nice service and the kids actually behaved which was amazing!!! All in all, we had a great Easter and I hope you did too!

Have a wonderful week! Check out more Daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your birthday dinner is a happy and fun one!