Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Family Fun Night

A few months ago I started to post about our family nights. We did pretty good for a while, and then, like usual things started to fall apart! I told Bri we would start again this week, but I waited til the last minute and came up with diddly squat come Thursday night. Today I had some extra time so I thought I'd go ahead and plan out our family night for next week (or at least get a good start on it!)

Since we have Family Night on Thursday I thought we should do a lesson on St. Patrick, since St. Patty's Day is the next Wednesday (when a holiday falls like that I like to do the lesson the week before and let the excitement set in!) So I went to the net and found some great stuff at DLTK. They had a great sheet with some background info on St. Patrick and what he was known for. Then I found some great activities. One is an active poem called Five Green Shamrocks that my kids will love! Another thing I found was the template to make Shamrock napkin rings with old toilet paper rolls (I knew I was saving those things for a reason!!!)

Aren't these cute??? I can't wait to see them on the table on St. Patty's Day!

 If you've never gone to DLTK you should! It is a wealth of great crafts and coloring pages and other activities. It's definately one of my favorite sites, not only for family night but also for school activities!

Then, I headed over to Family Fun Magazine's site (another great site for crafts, but also for kid friendly recipes!) and found a great idea for a scavenger hunt where the kids find a black pot full of gold chocolate coins at the end! So fun! I think I'm gonna have to hit the Dollar Tree and see if I can find a black pot! (Yea Dollar Tree!)

And finally, everyone's favorite part...the dessert! I LOVE The Picky Palate! If you've never been to Jenny's blog you've got to check it out! Especially if you like to bake! She has a recipe right now for these adorable Lucky Green Velvet Baby Cakes. I mean, look how cute these are!


And they look oh so yummy! I can't wait to try them! So that's what we're going to do next week for Family Night! What are you doing? Leave a comment and let me know! If it looks like I might have enough interest I might get a Mr. Linky and do a weekly Friday Family Fun Night forum here on our blog! We'll see! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: