Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Prayers

Short post because I can and because I feel the need to. I just got back an hour or so from singing at the funeral of a young man from church. He was 16 years old and he committed suicide on Wednesday of last week. This was probably the hardest funeral that I have ever done in my life! The church was packed...every row full of people, people lining the walls, the choir loft was full, the cry room was full and people were spilling over into the foyer. I have never seen so many people! My heart is absolutely breaking for his parents and his 2 older brothers! I can't believe how they are feeling today! The situation is sooo sad! This is the fourth funeral that I have been to this year for someone who committed suicide! I don't want to go to anymore!

So I ask for prayers tonight for Ethan and his family! I hope he has found the peace that he couldn't in this life in the arms of our Savior, and I pray that his family will find the peace and comfort that they need to go on without him. And pray for all those who are on the verge of suicide...may they find the help and understanding that they need to save their lives! I'm emotionally drained and sad...I'll post those promised pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

Britni said...

I'm so sorry Kari, I don't know if I could go to one period. Sorry :(

Who We Are... said...

Four Suicides? So sorry to hear this and I hope you don't have to attend anymore!