Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brianna!

Yesterday our Brianna Banana turned 5! I can't believe that my baby girl is 5! It seems like only yesterday that she joined our family and now...she's 5! I don't feel old enough to be the mother of a 5 year old! (can you tell I'm having trouble with her being 5?!?!)

We had a great time! We invited over my brother Michael, my dad and Charles, Kim and Ed and Shelly and Samantha (Sam had to work though!), Grandma and Grandpa Ruschell and Grandma Joyce. We also invited our friends Nelissa and Orlie and their boys but they've got the chicken pox (which Micah is too young to be vaccinated against) so they stayed away.

On their birthday the kids get to choose what they want for dinner. Bri wanted Chick-fil-a (she's a girl after your heart, Megan!) so I ordered a party tray of chicken nuggets. Mom made baked beans, mac and cheese and carrot raisin salad (oh yum!!!), and I made the birthday cake. She wanted to do Hannah Montana. The cake was strawberry flavored, and it was a challenge (probably the hardest one I've done yet!) but I was very pleased with how it turned out, and she loved it so that's all that mattered! (I hate the way blogger can discolor your photos! The colors looked a lot better in person!!!)

She was spoiled with lots of great gifts and of course she loved having all the focus on herself! She was going to have a friends party tomorrow, but she has had an absolutely horrible attitude lately and because of that she lost her party! She wasn't happy with me but little girls who treat their mommy and daddy the way she has started to don't get birthday parties with their friends. I've told her if she can shape up she might be able to have a slumber party with a couple of girls in January. We'll see what happens.

So here are a few pictures of the festivities. It was great to celebrate the day that this wonderful blessing came into our lives. I will never be the same and I'm thankful everyday that she is mine! I love you very much baby girl! You will always be my rock star Princess!

Her number 5 figurine for her Precious Moments "Growing in Grace" collection.

Four generations- Grandma Nancy, Daddy, GaGa Kim and Brianna the Birthday Girl!



1 comment:

Who We Are... said...

Happy birthday to Brianna! I wish I could sing to you.