Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Crop-o-lotta (Happy Birthday to me!!!!)

For my birthday I treated myself to a 12-hour crop up at St. Joe's. It's a yearly fundraiser for the school, and a great way for me to get some uninterrupted scrap time! I love these long crops- I used to do one that was 24 hours, and I could get 20+ layouts done at once! I loved it! They don't do that one anymore, so I "settle" for the 12 hour ones, and try to hit at least one a year. I also treated myself to some new scrapbooking goodies from my favorite store, Archivers! Yummy! I walked in there and felt like I had died and gone to heaven! It had been over a year since I had gone shopping for scrapbooking supplies, but I thought I reigned myself in very well!!

At the crop I was able to complete 18 pages, 9 for Bri and 9 for Jonah. Some of them are a lot more elaborate than others (you can tell which layouts I was working on after hour 10 or so!!!) but I am pretty proud of what I got accomplished! Thought I would share a few of my favorites with you!

These two are using Bri's school pics that were taken in September, and then I interviewed her about her favorite things right now! If you have time, and you can see well enough, I encourage you to read her responses! They are hilarious! She is soooo 4!


These two pages are using Jonah's 2 year portraits that we finally got taken last week! I loved doing this page- the photos were just so fun, and I loved the foam letters that I used to spell his name!


And finally, this page. My friend Lynn took this picture of Jonah last August and I absolutely love it! I love his eyes- they are just captivating, and I knew this had to be a one photo layout.


As always, I had a blast and I'm really glad that I went! I got so much done, and can't wait for my next crop (which hopefully will be in Oct. as a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Foundation) and I can then crop some new baby photos! Oooohhhh! What fun!

On my birthday we went out to a little local italian resturant for dinner with mom, and Steven's parents and sister. My mom surprised me with a fabulous new digital camera! I was so excited! We've been wanting to get a new camera for a while now, but just hadn't gotten to it yet! This camera is awesome, and I can't wait to start playing with it and seeing what all it can do! It's gonna take great pictures though, I can tell! And I got some gorgeous yellow roses from my hubby (my favorite!) It was a good day. I am one lucky lady!

1 comment:

Megan said...

How cute! Nice work on the pages. I wish I wasn't such a spaz and could have gone with you (or at least seen you for five minutes). I will feel like an idiot for life for that. Oh well....it stresses me out to think about it. Happy Birthday to you and your kids (and scrapbooking skills) are adorable!