Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring

I am always so happy when the cold weather starts to break, and the days are longer and sunnier! I am NOT a winter person! The only good thing about winter is skiing, and I got to do none of that this year, so it was wasted on me! But I love the spring and I noticed that my mood remarkable improves as the sun comes out warmer and longer. (Maybe I have seasonal depression!!!!)


We were blessed with a gorgeous weekend, and a few days this week were terrific! Wednesday I decided to take the kids to the park for a picnic and an afternoon of running around like wild people. So we packed some PB&J sandwiches, apple slices, pretzels and Kool-aid squeezers and headed off to the park. It was packed full of people, apparently everyone else had the same thought I did. But I really didn't mind because it gave the kids more kids to play with, and meant less entertaining I had to do :) I let them run for a while, then we sat down and ate, and then they ran around some more. It was really breezy, so we had to fight to keep our food from blowing away, but it was so nice! It's amazing how much better food tastes when you eat it outside!

I took the camera and was able to get some pictures snapped before I realized that my batteries were on their last leg so I didn't get very many, but here's a few to share of our outdoor fun! Welcome spring! Could you please stay forever?!?!?!

No comments: