Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sad and short post this morning. I got a call around 5 am that my Grandpa Adkins has passed away. He had a massive heart attack around 1 am and they couldn't do anything to help him! This is so shocking and so sudden! He didn't know that he had anything wrong with his heart. With the exception of a spot that he had removed from his lung a few years ago he has been a relatively healthy guy, so we are all in a bit of, well, shock right now! We are packing and getting the car ready for it's first road trip to Bowling Green, something I was hoping to do next weekend for a baby shower, but instead we're going now to lay my Grandpa to rest. I don't want to do this, I am soooo not ready! But you never get a say to that do you?!?! Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. This is going to be very hard, but all my Granny's kids are on their way to be at her side, which will make it a little easier (I guess!) I'm greatful today for a fairly large, close family who is ready to stand by each other and help each other through this. We have been blessed to have the time with Grandpa that we had, and I'll cherish the memories I have of him forever!

No comments: