Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm From Cincitucky!

Photo by Joe Ruh (The NKU Northerner Newspaper)

According to Carrie Underwood that is! Wednesday night Mom, our friends Lynn and Melanie and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert at the new Bank of Kentucky Center at NKU. She was the opening act of the brand new arena and she was AMAZING!!!!! I am still on such a huge high! Our seats were fantastic and she put on such a great show. You think she's beautiful on the TV...she's even more stunning in person! (People like that make me ill, ya know!!!) But she seems so sweet and boy can she sing!!!!

At one point she was talking about how the concert is listed as a Cincinnati location, but she knew she was in Kentucky, although she had stayed in Cincinnati the night before. (And it only takes like 5 minutes to get from downtown Cincinnati to NKU!) So she had decided to give us a new name...we are now Cincituckians! (Think Cincy and Kentucky and put them together!) I love it! So I am embracing my new name and am proud to announce that I am from Cincitucky!

Photo by Joe Ruh (NKU's The Northerner Newspaper)

For her encore she came out wearing a NKU Norse jersey, which had been presented to her backstage as a gift. It even had her name on it. At first we were trying to figure out what she was wearing. Once we figured out that it was an NKU jersey we freaked out. Since all of us are NKU students or alumni we thought that was pretty awesome!

But really her show was phenominal and it was a great way to wrap up our summer concert experience. (Her opening act, bytheway, was Little Big Town and they were awesome! I went out yesterday to buy their CD because I liked them so much!)

At the begining of September we went to Riverbend to see Cheap Trick ("I want you to want me! I need you to need me..."), Heart and Journey. They were so amazing. The new lead singer for Journey, Arnel Pineda is from the Philipenes and he is unreal! He sounds just like Steve Perry...it's scary! And they claim he's 41 and has a 19 year old son....I'm not buying it! Look at him! He looks like he's in his 20's!This was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. ( I was horse for a week...partly because I was sick, but screaming my head off at the concert didn't help any!!!!) Heart was sooo good...they can still rock!

In June we got to see the Doobie Brothers and Chicago at Riverbend. The Doobie Brothers were one I had never seen before and they were really fun! I had seen Chicago a few other times, and I can definately say they've been better before, but it was still a good time! Their new lead singer is also very good. Although I think he's been with them for a while now. I think I've seen more concerts this year than I have in years and I have some great girls' night out memories to hold me off til next summer!

4 comments:

Kathleen Mae Salvador said...

You better believe it, Arnel is 41 years old. My father is also Filipino, he is 51 years old but he looks like 40. I am 20 years old and sometimes people think I am only 14years old. I think it has got something to do with our genes.

Who We Are... said...

Carrie Underwood was justt here in Seattle last weekend! It sounds amazing and the Cincitucky thing is cool. Smiles.

Britni said...

Glad you had such a great time. SHe really is one of my favorites!

Jeannie said...

I really enjoy Carrie Underwood's music...and I REALLY wanted to see her in concert. Glad you got to go! Thanks for sharing info ab out the concert.