Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ruschell Family Reunion

Memorial Day weekend was so much fun! Steven's family had a family reunion, the first one in over 10 years. We had it at his cousins house out in the country. They have a log cabin on 42 acres, complete with two lakes. The cabin was great! I absolutely fell in love!



And the kids had an absolute blast! Scott had a ton of fishing poles and the kids fished for hours! Jonah and Bri both caught fish!

There was so much to do. We had an impromptu game of volleyball with Steven's cousins, his sister and her boyfriend. It was an absolute blast! I can't say that we very good, but we had a ball! (no pun intended!) There was also cornhole and a paddle boat out on the lake. They also had a couple of boats that we could take out to fish off. They also have a hot tube, which is my idea of absolute luxury! I could have lived in that hot tube!

Steven's great aunt counted and she said that there were 98 people who came. That's a lot of people, and we were missing quite a few. I guess that's what comes from having a big family. But it was a great time, and it was the most relaxing location. I can't wait to go back!



In house news.... we have brick, and siding! The walls have been primed, the driveway has been poured, they will be putting up the trim and laying down the subfloors next. We only have about 3 weeks to go and I can't believe how much they still have to get done! But, I know they will get it done! The only thing that stinks now is that they've put in the last window in the basement, and they got the sliding door down there to lock, so we can no longer sneak in to check on the progress! From here on out it's all a surprise but I guess that's good! It gives us something to look forward to! If you can't tell from all the explanation points....I'm a little excited!!!!

Here are some pictures I took when they were finishing the siding, just to give you an idea. I'll post more pictures after we go back this weekend to check on things.

So, that's all for this post! Have a great weekend everybody!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That family reunion looks like so much fun. I love summer things like that. Your house is moving along! You will be having BBQs there before you know it!

Britni said...

I love family reunions. This will be the first year in probably twenty that we haven't had one every two years with my dad's side of the family. It just didn't work out. I guess like you said that's what happens with big families.