Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Official!

Well, it's official! We signed the loan papers on our house Saturday. We now have 6 months (that's how long the interest rate will be guarenteed!) to build the house, sell the condo and get moved in. I am sooo excited! I can't believe that after 5 years of marriage we are going to have a gorgeous house and will be saying good bye to our condo. That part is kind of bittersweet. Like I said we've been here since we got married, we brought our babies home to this house. We are leaving behind a lot of memories here, but I know we will make new and possibly better memories in our new home!

As we are looking at putting the house on the market we started making a list of things we need to do in order to get top dollar for it. Of course the fact that it is a third floor with cathedral ceilings, a fireplace and a skylight in the kitchen help, but the furnace is about 18 years old, the carpet needs to be replaced, it needs to be painted and I have a ton of clutter do get rid of! We have our work cut out for us over the next few weeks in order to get it listed but I know we can do it! The hard part is going to be keeping it clean and clutter free every day once it is listed because you never know when a realtor is going to want to show it! So, anyone who wants to have a decluttering party feel free to stop in! :)

We started sprucing it up today by adding knobs and handles on the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. It's amazing how much better factory direct cabinets look once you get knobs on them! We already added them on to the cabinets in the master bath and we're going to put them in the guest bath also. The next project is to clear out the closets and move out extra furniture. And so it begins! But at least we know there is something exciting coming round the bend!

3 comments:

Anita said...

I told you, you can come live in my condo while your's is listed - I don't make nearly as much of a mess as Jonah and Bri! This is a journey worth the sacrifice for the finish line. Besides we have to do this - Bri wants Nina to "lay in the basement" with her! Can you beleave this is really happening?

Megan said...

Congrats Kari!! I am so happy for you guys. It sounds like so many wonderful things are happening for you and your family! Did you get my message? I would love to chat with you and catch up other than our blog comments!!

Megan said...

Oh, I forgot to say that you are quite the little blogger these days! I am so proud of you and love seeing the entries. Keep them coming!