Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that it is 2008! Where, oh where did 2007 go?!?! This past year absolutely flew by. I swear the older I get, the faster the time passes! Does it feel that way to anyone else? 2007 was another great year for our family and I know that 2008 will be also! I am looking forward to all the milestones that will be reached this year, and all of the awesome things that will happen. Here's what we are looking forward to happening this year:

1) Move into a house-the 2 bdrm condo is getting too small with two small kids! So we're upgrading. We're house hunting now, so stay tuned for updates!
2) Bri will start preschool in the fall. I can't believe she'll be old enough but she will be so off to school she'll go!
3) I will FINALLY graduate with my degree in middle grades education in December, so I'll begin '09 job hunting. In the meantime, I'll keep you laughing with stories from practicum and student teaching!!!!
4) Jonah will start to walk and talk (hopefully, if not we're in trouble- if he does, we're still in trouble!!!)
Like I said we are looking forward to another great year with lots of milestones.

Everyone always wants to know on New Years' Day what your New Years' Resolutions are. For several years I didn't make any because I could never keep them so I always felt like a failure! But now I'm a little older, a little wiser, and a lot more disciplined so I've decided to make a few resolutions. Here they are in no particular order:

1) do a weekly meal plan for our family to help with the budget and to make them healthier. I'll be taking part in Menu Plan Mondays hosted by OrgJunkie (see yesterdays post) to help keep me accountable!
2) have a weekly family night. We've always had a family time, but it was always whenever we had time and never had a theme or real purpose to it. So this year we will commit to having a weekly family night (on Fridays) with a lesson, an activity, a treat, and lots of fun! I'll try to post our favorites, in case anyone wants to do them with their own family!
3) read the scriptures daily. I usually read several times a week, but that's not good enough for me! I need to commit to reading daily so now it's in writing. Hopefully that will help me stay on track.
4) last, but not least: get in shape! Everyone thinks because I'm thin I must be in great shape! But that couldn't be farther from the truth! So Steven and I are committing to work out together. That will keep both of us accountable. What could be better than getting healthy with your best friend?!?!

So there you have it, what we're looking forward to this year and my resolutions! Keep checking in throughout the year to see how things are going for us! Happy New Year, and may God bless you all!

1 comment:

Britni said...

I like your goals... mine are a lot of the same. Just be better :) Good luck with your resolutions.