Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And so it begins....

Classes started back for me yesterday and so begins another semester of craziness! BUT, I keep telling myself that this is my last semester before student teaching so that makes it a little more bearable! (Okay, well alot more bearable!!!!) The only thing I have to make sure of is that senoritis doesn't kick in, because that would be really bad! So I just have to make sure I keep up with writing things in my planner (I use one of those big teacher planners and that allows me to keep everything per week viewable at once!) and just keep due dates from slipping by.

I am taking 5 classes- math methods (where we learn how to teach math), classroom management, reading and writing across the curriculum (where we learn how to use reading strategies in every content area), geometry for middle school teacher (UGH!! I hate geometry!!!) and my practicum. This semester I will be at Newport Middle school in a 7th grade math class. I've never been at Newport, which is a more urban school than I've ever been in so this will be a very new experience for me. I'll keep you posted! Overall I'm pretty excited about this semester, not just because it's the last one but because all of my classes will be pretty interesting, and all of my teachers are awesome! That helps a lot- having good professors.

That also means the kids started back to the babysitters today. Bri was sooo excited! She loves going to Ms. Kelly's house. I have already been bombarded by requests to stay late one afternoon so she can go pick up Julia (Kelly's youngest) from school. She loves Julia and loves to go pick her up after school with Kelly. I love taking them to Kelly's because I know they will be well taken care of in my absence. That always makes my day go better. And those of you have kids in day care or with a sitter know what I mean!

Well, that's all for today. Gotta go read through my syllabi that I've gotten so far and get things written in on the calender! Start organized, stay organized!!! :)

1 comment:

Britni said...

Good luck. I am SOOOO glad to be done with school. I still love to learn but very glad to be done with homework and deadlines. Well at least school deadlines.