Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jonah Turns 1!

Yesterday, December 19th Jonah turned 1 year old! I can't believe that it's been a year since he joined our family. I remember things going quickly with Brianna, but it seems like with Jonah it's gone 10x faster! It kind of makes me sad to think that he is almost out of that baby stage-but he is. There are some things I won't miss but there are more things that I will about this first magical year.

To celebrate we had my mom, Steven's parents and little sister, my brother, Steven's grandparents (his mom's parents), his cousin Jamie, Steven's grandma Waugaman and his aunt Mary over for cake and ice cream. Having a baby so close to Christmas kinda stinks because everyone is so busy and it's hard to find a place to have a big party. So we had this nice cozy get together at our place and had a great time.

I cheated and bought the cake at Kroger, but I promised him that I would make him a cake next year. (And I made the promise on video so I'd better keep my promise.) Not like Jonah cared! He dug right in and loved every bite!!! The cake was good, but having everyone with us was the best part.
He got some great gifts-a Noah's ark toy that makes animal sounds and plays music, an airplane with little people that makes noises, a Cars chair, blanket, cup, plate and bowl, a Leap Frog video, a Bengals windsuit (WHODEY!?!?!) and A LEATHER JACKET!!!! (Okay, so it's pleather but it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!)


So my little baby boy is now a little man, or at least getting closer to it every day. I hope his 2nd year will be just as great as his first!

No comments: